The Grilled Lobster Cocktail from Everdure by Heston Blumenthal is the perfect entree. The following recipe serves 4 and creates a quick and delicious starter to a BBQ feast.
For the Marie Rose Sauce:
110g Tomato ketchup
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
12 drops Worcestershire sauce
10g Lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5g vanilla paste
2 x 500g lobsters
160g Cocktail sauce
4 Heads little gem lettuce
20g Extra Virgin Olive oil
- For the sauce, combine the tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla paste and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- For the lobster, remove claws and tails. Bring a pan of water with 10g of salt to the boil. Have a container of ice water ready.
- Drop the lobster claws and tails into the boiling water for 2 minutes, remove and plunge into the ice water.
- Once chilled remove meat from claws and tails, leaving as whole as possible. Chargrill the lobster pieces on a preheated FURNACE barbeque making sure to get char marks on all sides and cooked through.
- To serve, peel and de-stone the avocado. Chop into medium dices. Shred some little gem lettuce.
- Chop the lobster into pieces and coat in the cocktail sauce. Dress salad leaves with olive oil and lemon juice and sea salt.
- Build the salads into 4 glass bowls. Place the lobster on top and finish with a little extra sauce.